Re: [SQU] Tune up Squid Cache Hit

From: Martin A. Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:18:48 +0000

At 21:47 20/02/01 +0800, you wrote:
>answer (compare to our case), I assume that increasing cache_mem and cache
>size will force the objects stay longer into our Squid. Am I right?

Again, not quite. The size of cache_mem and cache_size will just affect the
potential number of objects that are cacheable at any given point in time.
Objects will still be removed from the cache if they are stale. Only by
increasing the allowed age limit of a cached object will it persist for
longer in your cache and therefore potentially increase the cache hit ratio.

Bear in mind that, even if you do, various HTTP headers may force the
object to be refreshed even if you don't want it to be.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks