[SQU] -k reconfig not working well ?

From: Federico E. Petronio <petronio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:19:08 -0400

Hello... I search in old mails and I did not found and answer to my
problem.

I use RH6.2 and squid-2.3.stable4 ( in earlier version found the same
problem ). I have same never_direct, http_access and allways_direct tags
witch in conjunction with ACLs use a father proxy and a direct connection
in the way I want.

But if I do a "-k reconfigure" all of the directives ( allways_direct,
never_direct, etc... ) stop having effect and all the traffic is fetch
DIRECTly. Is this a problem with the "-k reconfigure" option or this this
the expected behavior ? My idea is to, depending in time, change the
squid.conf file I use using reconfig instead of stopping and starting squid
( witch take a considerable amount of time ).

Any idea about what can be the problem ?

Thank you....

--
                                        Federico Petronio
                                        petronio@ifeva.edu.ar