Re: [SQU] resolv.conf

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:46:22 +0100

Florin Andrei wrote:

> But how about using the old external dnsserver? Isn't "dns_defnames on"
> supposed to do precisely this - to take into account the search path
> from resolv.conf?
> I'm not very familiar with the old dnsserver stuff, so please tell me if
> i'm wrong.

dns_defnames if off by default, and only available if Squid is built
without the internal DNS client implementation..

> > What you can do is to use a redirector helper to implement the various
> > needed domain translations.. [client redirects recommended]
>
> "client redirects" = ? (can you detail a little bit please?)

301 / 302 / 303 / 307 HTTP redirects, which tells the client to request
another resource than the one originally requested.

The Squid redirector interface indicates this by adding the desired HTTP
redirect code in front of the rewritten URL, separated with a :

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker