Re: [SQU] WCCP redirection problem...!!

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:57:07 +0800

Jorge,

It seems that you have newer kernel than mine, and still got problem. I am
sure that IOS version is not the problem. Because some of users even used
older IOS than ours (IOS 11.x). I am very curious to know the problem
source. Al Blake was not use magic to make his WCCP work, right?

In my problem, I suspect that ip_wccp.o caused the problem. Joe Cooper has a
patch for ip_wccp. Frankly, compiling and patching is harder job for me than
configuring Cisco. Because I am very new in Linux world, I felt that I am
driving in a dark desert with vague sign. But I will try to get solution.

I found your IOS setting is OK. That was I also did. However, if your serial
is not connected DCE, does it want to UP? what message did you get when type
show interface s0/0?

As I know, Squid is only support WCCPv1. I think the expert will able to
answer your question.

Thx & rgds,

Awie