[squid-users] Slowness.....

From: Ben Mckellar <benm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:51:45 +1100

Hi,

I have a 128ram which squid users 40meg. I have a current 22gig full cache
out of a total 60gig. Over the last few weeks the performance of the proxy
has degraded. Is the problem memory, I just want this confirmed :)

Is my souloution to this more ram? I beliew you should have squid using
approx 1/3 of your system memory, is this correct. Anther general rule of
thumb I read was 10meg of ram for every gig. Which means I should be
running a machine with at least 600 meg?

That correct?

Thanx for your input.

- Ben