[squid-users] some web sites cannot be browsed.

From: Spielman <spielman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:18:16 +0800

Hi All,

I installed recent stable SQUID(ver 2.3 stable 4) proxy server on my RH 6.2 machine. I also set some ipchains rulesets via WEBMIN modules.(I fully enabled HTTP packets from both internal and external networks, but disabled ping, telnet, dns and ftp from external networks.)

However, I find some websites like www.oracle.com , www.ibm.com or some stock analysis websites cannot be browsed no matter I use IE or Netscape.(But I can browse microsoft web pages without any problem.)

Anybody ever encounters such problem? Why? Is there any packet sent with HTTP pages of those sites I mentioned above? How to solve it?

ps: I configured SQUID this way:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid \
                --enable-async-io
                --enable-dl-malloc