Re: [squid-users] issue with one of joe coopers modifcations

From: Greg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:49:47 +1000

no, that wasn't peak, just so you know.
this pc used to have two 30 gig ides in it, but with them i only used 14 1st
level directories, now i know if i put it back to 14 it will most likely
fixt the problem at the expense of losing a lot of cache., question, what if
i just went into squid and changed it from 73 to 14, would it work (i know i
would lose a lot of cache) but would i have to squid -z or would it use the
new settings without having to squid -z???

the pc itself is only running squid, its runs httpd but i have only one
httpd run (just enough for the cachemgr.cgi site)
also have about 5 to 6 mingettys (which are most likely taking up memory,
and the only are major thing it is running is, inetd, with telnet and ftp
disabled.

the squid version is 2.2.STABLE5, with henriks latest snapshot (as suggested
on your website) just so you knowi reckon squid 2.2.STABLE5 is about the
fastest squid , i know its a lot faster then microsoft proxy (which we used
to run)