[squid-users] Hi, I´m new here ...

From: Michael Kirsten <Michael_Kirsten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:14:30 +0200

Hi,

my name is Michael and I´m from Germany (that means sorry for my bad
english). I´m also new to Linux and Squid. Somebody said that, squid is
the tool to make an internetconnection useable for all clients in the
lokal network.

I use the SuSE Linux 7.1 Profesionell distribution with the 2.4 kernel
and the latest Squid Version. (Don´t ask me what number).

My problem is now:

My two brothers and my parents (we live in the same house) are connected
to my network and we all want to use my flatrate internet connection. I
installed squid and started it the first time with the -z option.

But now my lokal dealer in the hardware store told me that, I got to set
up a lot of things in a file called "squid.conf" to make squid working
all right. I looked in that file and got big time confused with all that
options.

Is there somebody out there who can tell (or write) me the easy way to
connect two linux and 4 windows-machines to one internetconnection by
using squid???

Or does somebody know a way where I can download a full set of manuals
about installing and setting up the squid proxy server ???

Thanks in advance

Michael