[squid-users] Localservers direct

From: Evan McDaniel - Test Student <evanm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:01:52 -0500

Hi

I am trying to find a way to have my local servers accessed directly instead
of through the proxy server, because of authentication reasons. I am
setting up the proxy so it is transparent, so I can't create a script for
the browser to block it. I've tried using always_direct allow localservers
and never_direct deny localservers, as well as no_cache allow localservers.
some of my servers work without caching, but one i still can't get to work.
the authentication takes place, i get to the first screen, but when i click
on a page beneath that it tries to reauthenticate me and fails everytime.

I am running Squid-2.4STABLE1 on FreeBSD 4.2. The hardware is a dual
celeron 533 with 196mb ram and two 10gb hd's. one drive is reserved for
cache space, while the other is used for the os.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Evan McDaniel
Information Technology/McKendree College
epmcdaniel@mckendree.edu