Re: [squid-users] Accelerator requests to origin servers always HTTP/1.0?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:50:35 +0200

Denis Haskin wrote:

> I'm using Squid 2.4 STABLE1 as an http accelerator. It appears to me
> that Squid is sending *all* requests to the origin server marked as
> HTTP/1.0, even if the incoming request to Squid said HTTP/1.1 in the
> request line.

It MUST as Squid is a HTTP/1.0 proxy.

Some time in the future we hope at having Squid HTTP/1.1 compliant, but
some things are still missing. Until then Squid is officially HTTP/1.0
and MUST downgrade any HTTP/1.1 requests or replies it sees to HTTP/1.0.

Many of the news in HTTP/1.1 is supported by Squid, such as
 * Persistent connections
 * Cache-Control header (most of it anyway).

Other news are in the queue but not yet in the STABLE releases:
 * Digest proxy authentication (available in Squid-2.5-alpha)
 * Chunked transfer encoding
 * Vary support (basic support available as a patch, will probably
appear in Squid-2.5). Older Squid's is HTTP compliand wrt Vary but
cannot cache them..
 * and some more stuff

--
Henrik Nordstrom