[squid-users] Re: usage of pac

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:16:19 +0200

The PAC file needs to be placed on some resource accessible by all your
clients.

Common choices are:
* A shared web server
* A shared file server

Then the browsers needs to be learnt where the PAC file is. This can be
entered manually in the proxy settings, or if using IE browsers you may
be able to use WPAD to automatically tell the browser via DHCP where the
PAC file is.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker