RE: [squid-users] HTTPS &Reverse proxy

From: Kieran Skinner <kieran.skinner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:51:25 +0100

Reverse Proxy it shall be then.

I've tried the idea of using DNS to do the redirection for you and it works.
Unfortunatly in my setup I want to authenticate bassed on username and
destination URL. So because the standard HTTP authentication dosen't
involve the URL I need to use a custom redirector..argh! I can't use ACL's
for this feature because there are way to many usernames and the addition
and deletion of usernames if really dynamic - to much hassle to manage. So
unless my suthenticatio nhelper can get URL passed into it I will have to
stick with my custom redirector..oh well.