Re: [squid-users] HTTPS &Reverse proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:06:27 +0200

Kieran Skinner wrote:

> I've tried the idea of using DNS to do the redirection for you and it works.

Good.

> Unfortunatly in my setup I want to authenticate bassed on username and
> destination URL. So because the standard HTTP authentication dosen't
> involve the URL I need to use a custom redirector..argh!

That is another issue and Squid is somewhat limited there..

Does the URL group spaces change a lot, or only the lists of users who
are allowed to access given resources?

Squid really needs to have a good user-group concept implemented, not
question about that. The "proxy_auth" ACL is way to limited.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker