Re: [squid-users] Newbie

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:50:40 +1000

Hi Cassio,
    Without some more information (cache size, number of users, size of
internet link) we can't really advise you. In most ISP or corprates
cases 32Mb of ram will be around 5% of the amound you need - on the
squid-cache.org website, in the FAQ there are some sizing formulas that
can give you an idea how much RAM and disk you need.

The RAM size is very closely tied to the cache size.

Most probably adding ram or shrinking your cache will solve your
problem.

Rob