[squid-users] Tying down Squid boxes.

From: Palmer J.D.F. <J.D.F.Palmer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:25:32 +0100

Hi,

I realise that this is a bit off track for this forum, but I am looking to
make my squid boxes as secure as reasonably possible.

I have installed TCP wrappers and closed as many ports as I can but I'm
wondering whether I need to have the 'sunrpc' and 'auth' ports open, and if
not how to close them.

Does any one have any opinions/advice?

Many thanks,

Jezz Palmer.