Re: [squid-users] Tying down Squid boxes.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:06:29 +0200

1. Disable ALL network services

  "netstat --inet -a" should provide a empty listing

2. Install Squid and make use of the chroot_dir squid.conf directive.

3. If needed, install bind and make use of the -t and -u command line
options to secure bind.

4. Add -a options to syslog as required for Squid and bind (if
installed).

5. Install a ssh server for remote administration, and configure it to
only listen on your internal network, not visible from the outside.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker