Re: [squid-users] aclmatch algorithm

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:40:26 +0200

gis88530 wrote:

> Thanks.
> I have search it, and I find the /usr/include/regex.h file.
> Do you know where is the implementation of functions in regex.h?
> If possible, could you tell me how to find out these answer?

On most systems regular expressions is part of the standard C library.

There is also one version shipped with Squid. See lib/gnuregex.c

> http://www.squid-cache.org/index.html
> * DENY keyword "org"
> Then user can not connect to this URL.
> AND I want to ask the string match algorithm for this purpose.

Can be implemented either as a regex match or as a domain match. If you
want to block the whole domain .org then use the dstdomain ACL type in
Squid.

It is implemented as a splay-tree of string compares.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker