Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:42:39 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Lang" <aalang@rutgersinsurance.com>
Cc: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

> Then I am apparently missing something. What mime headers are the
ones you
> are looking to boot? I assumed the two separate text types was the
way it
> was handled. I guess there are other "HTML mail" types that are
handled
> differently?

NO. I didn't say that.

case 1) an HTML mail message: it has specific mime headers (I don't know
them off the top of my head) that indicate to outlook that it is HTML
mail. It also has a plain text component for "legacy" (grrr standards
based that is!) mailers.

case 2) a standard mail message with an HTML document attached. It
_also_ has mime headers - thats how the attachment is done, but outlook
shows it as a normal email with an attached document, that just happens
to be an HTML file.

Rob