Re: [squid-users] Re: Satellite

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:51:50 +0200

Already told you how to tell Squid what IP to use for outgoing
connections. How you then route traffic from that IP is your problem,
not Squid's.

And yes Squid is a proxy, which is an application to application gateway
running at level 7. Any requests made by Squid will be from the server
where Squid is running, not the client.

If you need to have different outgoing IP's for different classes of
users then there is an unofficial patch to extend Squid with such
selections. See
http://squid.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/diff/rvenning_tosaddracl

(works with the Squid-2.5 snapshots I think)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker