[squid-users] running two processes of squid.

From: Edward <edward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:42:07 -0400

Hi there!

Can anyone please tell me if I have two squid process running, configure differently, can I use the the same cache?

I have one squid use each cache dir to store its swap_log.

I then copy those swaps to the other squid directory, rename then to the # of cache directories so that squid knows what is there.

Will this cause problems?

Will squid use more memory?

If it does work, will one squid process overwrites another?

can both squid use the same file?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Edward Millington
(Network Administrator & Senior Technical Support Technician)
Cariaccess Communications Ltd.
Carlisle House
Hincks Street
Bridgetown