RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.4 rpms?

From: Bruno Guerreiro <bruno.guerreiro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:35:06 +0100

Hi,
Installed 7.1 yesterday. It comes with Squid 2.3STABLE4-10(?).
No problems with gcc. At least not yet.
Since Reiserfs is best suited for partitions with small files, I go with the
opnion that it's an advantage to use it in the cache partition. That's what
I do.
Off course if you intend to use the journaling in the reiserfs, if you use
it in every directory, your machine will recover faster from crashes.
I've tested it several times on top of Raid1(pressing power button) and
altough it stops a bit while mounting the partition, it is faster than the
check in a (smaller) ext2 partition, also in Raid1.

Regards,

Bruno Guerreiro