Re: [squid-users] ssl not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:35:29 +0200

Make sure your proxy settings in the browser is correct. Note that for
SSL you must configure the "security proxy" settings, not only the "http
proxy" settings.

As for the other protocols, these are not handled by Squid (well, ftp
can be if you configure your browser to use Squid as a proxy for ftp,
but only for browsers).

You should probably look into masquerading for the other protocols.

Try: iptables -t nat -A FORWARD -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

(assuming eth0 is the interface connecting to your cable modem)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker