Re: [squid-users] ssl not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:46:25 +0200

Masquerad/NAT or some other kind of proxy than Squid for such protocols.
Squid is a HTTP proxy, not a firewall.

One common proxy model that can be used for all these protocols is
SOCKS. Note: SOCKS requires SOCKS support in the clients.

For most of these there exists special proxies (FTP, SMTP, POP, TELNET,
...), but not for SSH that I know of. Problem with SSH is that it is
encrypted so the proxy cannot easily extend the protocol to ask the
client where he/she wants to connect. But SSH can be proxied by generic
TCP plugs, or a SOCKS proxy.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker