RE: [squid-users] SMB_auth Backup

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:35:09 +0200

> I have a question about SMB_AUTH as well. My Domain Controllers are on
> different subnets than that of the Squid Server. For this
> reason I need to
> enter the IP address of the DC on the command line (-U IP).
> However, if
> that DC fails, I'd like to have it switch to a BDC for
> authentication. How
> would I specify this on the command line? Does entering two
> IP addresses
> on the command line work (-U PDC -U BDC)?

Squid 2.5SNAPSHOT has other problems (in my setup it tends to crash
at about .5M hits) but it will allow for infinite domain controllers,
with load balancing and failover. This is for the NTLMSSP helper only
(which work for the NTLM authentication scheme). The SMB helper
will have to be updated to be taken to par.

The multi-domain-NTLM basic auth helper allows for two DCs to
be specified, failing over as needed.

--
	/kinkie