Re: [squid-users] Linux, SGI's XFS Filesystem and SQUID

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:14:09 -0500

While it's true that XFS was designed for large files originally (Irix
being commonly used as a 'media OS', after all), recent benchmarks would
seem to indicate that it is now quite fast for almost every type of
workload, including lots of small files. Deletes are still somewhat
slow (but then again, they are slow in ReiserFS also--it's the nature of
journalling without a separate journal device I suppose).

I wouldn't bet on it being better suited for Squid than Reiser, but I
probably wouldn't bet against it either.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances