Re: [squid-users] Multiple parents

From: Andrei B. <andrixnet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:04:22 -0700 (PDT)

> As you say it might be a DNS thing. Try configuring the peers using
> IP addresses instead.

 I used names for clarification. Sorry I didn't make it clear. The
actual squid.conf contains IP addresses.

> And if you have never_direct enabled (allow) then Squid-2.4 should
> add all of the peers to the list of peers to try before sending an
error to the client.

 One thing that I don't understand is that why the client doesn't get
an error after 5 (or 5*4) seconds, instead of 2 minutes ?

 I am currently using squid-2.3-STABLE4. I am not yet ready for an
upgrade. 2.4 behaves differently regarding this aspect? Then I'll try
to upgrade.

Thank you.

=====
ing. Andrei Boros