[squid-users] SMB_AUTH

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 22:53:45 -0400 (EDT)

I just noticed that when I run smb_auth in debug mode it gives the
following errors even though it works. I don't know much about SAMBA other
than smb_auth needs it to run. I copied one of the sample smb.conf files
to the directory mentioned in the output and the error goes away. Is there
any relevance to the contents of this file for smb_auth?

diggins@squid<auth_modules/SMB># ./smb_auth -W village -U xxx -d
username password
Domain name: village
Pass-through authentication: no
Query address options: -U xxx -R
Can't load /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it
Domain controller IP address: xxx
Can't load /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it
Domain controller NETBIOS name: yyy
Contents of //yyy/NETLOGON/proxyauth: allow
OK

-Mike