[squid-users] Newbie questions.

From: Dan Cave <mogul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:36:19 +0100

Hi,

Im sort of new to squid (used 1.x vers and now 2.x)

I'd like to a set up two squid cache's on the dmz and internal side of my
network, then using plug-gw (from tis fwtk) allow my internal cache talk to my
external cache( which then in turn talks to the internet)

What is the best config to use in squid.conf, as I have a 192.168.1 lan
internally where I'll be doing most of my browsing/ftp from.

Finally, I have a little trouble with the acls and getting my cache started
cos it doesnt like the syntax.

can anyone kindly give me some examples to use in squid.conf?

Does anyone do any kind of content filtering with squid (I know smart filter
have a plug in for squid, but are there any others?)

Muchas.

Dan

The Totalise Email system, probably the most flexible email system in the
world. To register for an account goto http://www.totalise.net