[squid-users] Netscape Proxy -> Squid Proxy -Authentication

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

I have a netscape proxy server which I hope to replace with Squid. I
*think* the netscape server uses NCSA for authentication although it keeps
the user database in a dbm (on a sun solaris 7 box).

Is there any way I can use the dbm from the netscape server with squid? I
know I can dump the database into a flat text file but there are about
20000 id's in it and that could be slow.

-Mike