[squid-users] Alias proxy names

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:19:28 -0400 (EDT)

I have a Squid Proxy server running on a Unix machine with a generic name.
An alias called 'proxy' points to this machine and we specify that as the
name of the proxy server users should connect to.

I've noticed that IE displays the real host name after 'Firewall:' in the
authentication box. I would like it to display the alias name 'proxy'
instead. Is there a setting in squid.conf that will do this? Netscape
doesn't seem to have this problem. I've already changed the realm name.

-Mike