[squid-users] assertion failed: authenticate.c:478: "auth_user_request != NULL"

From: Timothy Findlay <Timothy.Findlay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:57:37 +1000

Hi,

I had squid 2.5 setup with NTLM Auth, but it wasn't really working too well
for secure sites and stuff, so I commented it all out in the squid.conf and
all has run well, now I'm adding squidGuard in as a re-director, and when
I'm going to a good site, all is well, but when I try to visit a blocked
site, I get squid dies with the error:

Jul 17 13:53:16 atgproxy1 squid[1446]: assertion failed: authenticate.c:478:
"auth_user_request != NULL"

I downloaded yesterdays snapshot, and recompiled without any NTLM stuff, but
it still crashes, any thoughts ??

Tim.

information intended only for the use of the addressee named
above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution
or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please delete it and notify
Austrim Textiles Pty Ltd. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Austrim Textiles Pty Ltd.

Although antivirus software is used to scan mail messages
Austrim Textiles Pty Ltd excludes all liability for viruses
or similar in any outbound mail message.