Re: [squid-users] http 1.1

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Aug 2001 10:22:57 +1000

On 03 Aug 2001 11:48:50 +0930, Glen wrote:

> A while ago, after asking questions on this list, i found out that squid
> isnt a http 1.1 compliant proxy, so I have turned off the setting "use http
> 1.1 through proxy connections" setting in all of our clients.
>
> But, now we are having problems with viewing certain asp pages as our
> upstream netscape proxy immediately errors.
What sort of error? Does the error occur when you use http/1.0 directly
to it? Do netscape have any documentation on the error?

> If I use the netscape proxy directly with http 1.1 option on I dont have any
> problems.
> If I use squid with http 1.1 off the pages never work
> If I use squid with http 1.1 on the pages sometimes work
>
> What can I do so that the pages will work via squid? (if anything)
Find out why the error is occuring, and then either solve the root cause
(could be that squid will need some modification, or perhaps settings on
the netscape proxy) or find a workaround.

Rob