Re: [squid-users] calling Henrick , Joe ,Adrian ...SOS pls help out

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:15:02 -0500

Most Squid processes being in a sleeping state is normal except when
under heavy load, particularly with that many threads (which you have
too many of for your machine, it seems to me).

You're going to have to tell us more. What is your cache.log telling
you? Have you checked to insure DNS is responding quickly?

What does cachemgr say about filedescriptor usage? (i.e. 'client
mgr:info' what does the filedescriptor section tell you?)

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances