[squid-users] NT Authentication

From: Jorge Cuellar Martinez <jorge.cuellar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:44:00 -0500

I'm having a problem using smb_auth ....

As you may know, Microsoft Windows NT is not case sensitive for the
usernames, so for windows User USER user and uSeR are the same user, but not
for squid....

So i'm using strict ip ttl, and some users are bypassing it by using their
usernames in combinations of lowercase and uppercase.

I know that the best solution is to replace Windows authentication with
other external authentication module, such as ldap or radius... and i will,
but in a few more months.... but i need to solve it now.... i don't like my
users to do that....

Any ideas?

Thanks

 <mailto:jorge.cuellar@sat.gob.mx> Jorge Cuéllar.