[squid-users] confusion, please help!

From: pat lendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:20:30 -0400

Hi all,

I have been perplexed as to how squid is running, but not writing to
logs and without a squid.pid file.

Here is some more information - I hope someone can help!

This past weekend I compiled, installed and configured squid in the
directory /usr/local/squid_2.4.
When all was working well, I moved the production /usr/local/squid to
/usr/local/squid.old.squid_2.3STABLE4.
I then copied /usr/local/squid_2.4 to /usr/local/squid.

I used a startup script to start squid. It starts squid by
/usr/local/squid/bin/squid.

Now, why is squid writing to logs and using the squid.pid located in
/usr/local/squid_2.4?
Why isn't it writing to logs and pid file located in /usr/local/squid?
The /usr/local/squid/etd/squid.conf file has logs located in
/usr/local/squid/logs/*.
How is this possible?
Does the squid binary have anything to do with me starting
/usr/local/squid/bin/squid, but writing to
/usr/local/squid_2.4/logs/*? When I configured squid, I did
--prefix=/usr/local/squid_2.4

I'm getting confused.

Any ideas?

Thank you,