[squid-users] Gates Grant Computers and Squid

From: Josh Kuperman <josh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:59:54 -0400

The Bill & Melinda Gates foundations has been giving computers to many
public libraries in the US. As part of their bequest, they give what
they are calling a "content server"; it is an NT4.0 Server set up to
provide quite a few services (web server, file server, etc) but not to
provide individual users with accounts.

I was wondering if anyone has put Squid on such a Gates Foundation
content server. (Please forgive me if I misssed a previous post to
the list - just got back from vaction) I have not tried to install any
NT version of Squid on anything yet. There is no reason not to put Squid on,
unless the NT version has major problems. These machines have about 10G
of free space. I'm a little bit surprised they didn't simply provide
the MS proxy server as part of the package, but they didn't.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us