Re: [squid-users] Gates Grant Computers and Squid

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:38:32 +0200

Hi,

Il 20.59 27/08/2001 Josh Kuperman ha scritto:
>The Bill & Melinda Gates foundations has been giving computers to many
>public libraries in the US. As part of their bequest, they give what
>they are calling a "content server"; it is an NT4.0 Server set up to
>provide quite a few services (web server, file server, etc) but not to
>provide individual users with accounts.
>
>I was wondering if anyone has put Squid on such a Gates Foundation
>content server. (Please forgive me if I misssed a previous post to
>the list - just got back from vaction) I have not tried to install any
>NT version of Squid on anything yet. There is no reason not to put Squid on,
>unless the NT version has major problems. These machines have about 10G
>of free space. I'm a little bit surprised they didn't simply provide
>the MS proxy server as part of the package, but they didn't.
>
>--
>Josh Kuperman
>josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us

There 3 Squid version running on Windows NT:

- Native 2.3 STABLE 5
- Cygwin 2.4 STABLE 2
- Cygwin 2.5 DEVEL

The first and last run as Windows NT Service, take a look at:

http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT.htm

Please note: Squid on NT is on a development state, so try it before any
decision.

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
         serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it