Re: [squid-users] Patch to squid-2.4

From: Marcos Castro <mbdecastrobr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 14:02:06 +0000

Well,
I could not find the patch in the source code for squid-2.4.
We need to make squid read any message that is sent after the ERR (actually
my patch requires a space after the ERR and before the message) by the
EXTERNAL authenticator and then display it on the appropriate error page. I
have the patch for squid-2.4 and would like to know if the users think that
is a good feature for squid. If so, I can send the patch (here in our
company we have been running squid-2.4 with the patch for the last 15 days
with no problems reported so far). If, on the other side, there is no
interest in this feature by the squid users/community, I will just keep the
patch for our company and for every new release of squid I will have the
patch added to the code.
Any comments/opinions are welcome.
Thanks,
Marcos Barreto de Castro