[squid-users] automake/autoconf output in CVS?

From: Rick Byers <rb-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
Is there any reason why the output of automake/autoconf (eg. "configure)
couldn't be included in the anon-CVS tree? I'd like to track squid with
anoncvs, but I'm having a heck of a time getting automake-1.5 to work
properly under RedHat-1.7 (not my OS of choice, but my hands are tied in
this situation).

I know the files aren't source files, and therefore don't need to be
version tracked - but since they are included in the daily snapshots, I
thought it might make sense to include them in anoncvs too, especially
since they require custom builds of automake on many platforms (RedHat
isn't the only one without an automake-1.5 package, both NetBSD and
FreeBSDs package systems still only have automake-1.4.x).

Thanks,
        Rick