RE: [squid-users] DNS cache-only server question

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:47:18 -0600

Correct, this is what I stated initially.

> which is not quite the the same thing as
> qa-three.foobar.com

Yes. :)

> Squid does not use DNS search lists, and only accepts fully
> qualified
> domain names. To access this (somewhat odd) alias you need
> to access it
> using the full name "qa-three.foobar.com.mydomain.com".
>
> Most likely the qa-three.fobar.com alias is defined in the wrong DNS
> zone. From what it looks it should have been defined in
> the foobar.com
> zone, but is for some reason defined in the mydomain.com zone.

The problem is that I can't really do that because the apache web
server expect to 'see' qa-three.foobar.com

Is there a 'switch/hack' that I can use to tell SQUID to send
'qa-three.foobar.com'

As I said, I can 'ping' 'qa-three.foobar.com' from both the Linux box
and my other machines behind the firewall. It's just that SQUID is
kinda saying, 'no way baby.' It's being too rigorous. :)

Any advice would be appreciated.

---
Pablo Sanchez         mailto:pablo@purecarbon.com
Ph  : 303.939.8897       Fax: 603.720.7723
Cell: 303.717.5889