Re: [squid-users] ACL Doubt

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 05:31:59 -0500

SquidGuard provides extensive time-based ACLs.

Squid alone has time ACLs as well, but they aren't flexible enough for
what you need (I don't think, someone correct me if I'm missing something).

Attachments are harder, as they require limiting the size of received
and sent objects (no other way to do anything about attachments in
Squid, as it knows nothing of the format of data coming from those
webmail providers--an attachment is just another file to Squid--unless
they use some uniquely identifiable URL for those attachments, which
they probably do, but the effort to find, document and create ACLs to
match them is probably not worth the effort).

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances