Re: [squid-users] ACL Doubt

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:39:47 +0200

Joe Cooper wrote:

> Squid alone has time ACLs as well, but they aren't flexible enough for
> what you need (I don't think, someone correct me if I'm missing something).

There is almost nothing in SquidGuards access controls that cannot be
expressed using Squids built in acl types. SquidGuard may be a bit
simpler to configure, and maybe a bit faster for certain patterns with
very large lists..

Features provided by SquidGuard which cannot be expressed using Squids
built in directives:

  * Other than weekly/daily time specifications (i.e. date based time
specifications)

  * Special log files for different groups

  * URL Redirects

  * URL rewrites