Re: [squid-users] Memory problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:12:52 +0200

Your machine indicates having 600+ MB free memory.

Linux is a UNIX like system. UNIX dislikes wasting free memory so it
automatically puts it to use in improving performance by buffering disk
I/O. This is the "buffers" and the "cached" readings below. To get a
good picture of how much free memory you actually have sum "free" +
"buffers" + "cache".

The linux "free" command usually includes a line where this adjustment
is done for you.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker