[squid-users] Squid Log does rotate..

From: Syed Mohammad Talha <talha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:16:26 +0300

Dear All,

I am using the Redhat 7.1 with the kernel 2.4.10, and have installed the latest stable squid version 2.4. The problem which I am facing is that I cant rotate the log. The scenario which I have adopted to install the squid is like

compiled the squid to home directory

/opt/squid

so the configuration file is in /opt/squid/etc and squid binary is in /opt/squid/bin/ the log files are in /var/log/squid

Squid is running with the user squid and it working all right,

I had made different cron entries but of no use, made the cron entries for user squid as well but it did not worked, the cron entries which I made are

0 0 * * * /opt/squid/bin/squid -k rotate

but is useless. I have tried to run this command manually as well, it runs but do not rotates, so please can anyone help to sort out this problem.

Thanks and Regards.

Talha