Re: Re: [squid-users] HTCP cache expiration - how does it work?

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:03:39 +0200

>I am not familiar with HTCP, but I seriously doubt it can do what you
>want.
I wasn't very sure either.

>Using the HTTP PURGE method (a Squid extension) you can force each cache
>to remove an cached object from the cache, only returning a minimal
>response to the effect.
can you direct me to docs on this ? is it what the client binary that comes
with squid does?

>If you need to purge very frequently the
>performance can be optimized using persistent connections between your
>publishing system and the caches, giving performance close to what can
>be achieved using a UDP based protocol while guaranteeing delivery.
can the client binary do this? should I program my own? any hints for this?

>Regards
>Henrik Nordström
>Squid Hacker
>MARA Systems AB, Sweden

Thankyou for help,

Best regards

Klavs Klavsen

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
Klavs Klavsen, IT-coordinator and Systems Administrator at
Metropol Online - http://www.metropol.dk
Tlf. 33752700, Fax 33752720, Email ktk@metropol.dk

Private- Email klavs@klavsen.net - http://www.vsen.dk

It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other
people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do...
That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year
seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and
encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter