Re: [squid-users] HTCP cache expiration - how does it work?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:33:27 +0200

Klavs Klavsen wrote:

> >Using the HTTP PURGE method (a Squid extension) you can force each cache
> >to remove an cached object from the cache, only returning a minimal
> >response to the effect.

> can you direct me to docs on this ? is it what the client binary that comes
> with squid does?

The client program that comes with Squid is little more than a small
HTTP client. Many other HTTP tools or HTTP libraries can be used to do
the same things as the Squid client.

> >If you need to purge very frequently the
> >performance can be optimized using persistent connections between your
> >publishing system and the caches, giving performance close to what can
> >be achieved using a UDP based protocol while guaranteeing delivery.

> can the client binary do this? should I program my own? any hints for this?

For this a custom program needs to be written. The Squid client binary
can only send one request.

If you want help with this, please contact me privately.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker
MARA Systems AB, Sweden