[squid-users] How to apply patches from squid.sourgeforge.net

From: <ng.angie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:30:49 +0800

Hi,
1. Noticed from the squid.sourgeforge.net/projects.html, there is a
development project for Reverse Proxy enhancements, rproxy.
     I'm presently trying out with the version 2.4 for reverse proxy usage.

     Would like to understand more about this rproxy patch,
     (i) how to patch my squid with this rproxy patch? (the steps)
     (ii) what new features it provide?
     (iii) Or, is there any place that have these explanation/guide?

2. I am trying out to configure reverse proxy (in DMZ) for our Domino
Webserver (will link to Domino Mail) (Private LAN). My config as follows:
     http_port 88
     acl server <origin server ip>
     http_access allow server
     httpd_accel_host <origin server ip>
     .
     .

     When I enter the URL with the proxy server ip address, it brought me
to the main user authentication page, but when I entered the id and
password, the URL has been changed to the origin server ip address and the
page has been refresh and remain at the login page, if I re-enter the
user id and password, it will then log me in (with the url at origin server
ip address).
     While I surf through the net, it seems like the Domino server behavior
to reply the 302/30X response, and it cause the url to redirect to the
origin server.
     Is it the real cause ? Can suggest any configuration to resolve this
problem?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
Angie Ng

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]