Re: [squid-users] How to apply patches from squid.sourgeforge.net

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:00:02 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> ng.angie@i-stt.com wrote:
>
> > 1. Noticed from the squid.sourgeforge.net/projects.html, there is a
> > development project for Reverse Proxy enhancements, rproxy.
> > I'm presently trying out with the version 2.4 for reverse proxy usage.
> >
> > Would like to understand more about this rproxy patch,
> > (i) how to patch my squid with this rproxy patch? (the steps)
>
> As any other patch. Applies to the current development version of Squid
> (2.5).

Oops.. not really. Forgot to tell that you need to have some additional
tools to what one normally require for compiling programs:

  * automake 1.5 or newer
  * autoconf, a recent version

and after applying some devel.squid-cache.org (aka
squid.sourceforge.net) patches you MAY need to run bootstrap.sh.
"rproxy" is one example where bootstrapping the Squid sources is
required after patching.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker