[squid-users] Vedr.: Re: [squid-users] How to apply patches from squid.sourgeforge.net

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:10:49 +0200

Hi Angie,

I just installed a squid-2.5 with the rproxy.patch..

The patch doesn't fit the newest squid-head source code..

I can make a rproxy.patch for you from my version.. I have a
squid-head-200110182300 and have applied the patch manually..

after that you need to decide which features you want compiled into squid..
read the output from ./configure --help

run the configure with the options you want/need and compile it..

if you can bare to delete your cache-dir, then it should be easier to
upgrade to 2.5.. (it it's necessary to delete the cache-dir when upgrading
from 2.4 to 2.5?)
remember that the accel_ options doesn't exist in the 2.5 with rproxy.patch
applied - but if you start the squid-binary manually - you will see all the
problems in your current config.

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
Klavs Klavsen, IT-coordinator and Systems Administrator at
Metropol Online - http://www.metropol.dk
Tlf. 33752700, Fax 33752720, Email ktk@metropol.dk

Private- Email klavs@klavsen.net - http://www.vsen.dk

--------------------[ I believe that... ]-----------------------
It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other
people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do...
That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year
seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and
encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter

Hi Henrik,
Do I need to upgrade from ver 2.4 to ver 2.5 first before apply the patch?

Best Regards,
Angie Ng

> 1. Noticed from the squid.sourgeforge.net/projects.html, there is a
> development project for Reverse Proxy enhancements, rproxy.
> I'm presently trying out with the version 2.4 for reverse proxy usage.
>
> Would like to understand more about this rproxy patch,
> (i) how to patch my squid with this rproxy patch? (the steps)

As any other patch. Applies to the current development version of Squid
(2.5).

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]