[squid-users] Current Performance?

From: Dennis <dennis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:05:45 -0500

I've read a lot about the cache-off,and Im interested in the base
parameters affecting performance, as there seems to be a wide disparity in
performance, and a lot of the numbers I've seen are fairly old. What is the
current performance level..and what is the bottleneck keeping squid from
reaching the high end?

Also, Freebsd 4.4 is substantially faster than 4.1 (at least at the
networking level)....are there any numbers on squid with P4 and rambus
memory on FBSD 4.4? What is the impact of faster ram?

thanks,

Dennis